Tuesday, 16 June 2015

4 months

Max at 4 months

Super talkative. Loves it when people talk/coo at him! 

Has the best little gut laugh ever! Sean can even get him to laugh. 

Loves his jolly jumper. And swing. Gotta remember to strap him in the swing because he is a Houdini. 

Starting to sit up on his own. For about 5 secs. 

He loves his bottle. Doesn't even matter if it's formula in there. Which is good because that's whats mostly in there now.

***So we all know that because of this sweet little boys cleft palate that I wasn't able to nurse him. So I decided I would pump instead and freeze the extra for him so he would still have all the benefits of being a breastfed baby! Well my plan was to pump till after summer. Then I just really couldn't cope with all the time I was stuck on that stupid machine! It was taking so much time away from my boys and I was stressing over it. So for my sanity sake Daniel and I decided to just be done with it. Plus I had way more than enough stored in my deepfreeze.
Mid February-May. I honestly felt like a cow
So began the process of weening of pumping. I had to actually on occasion bring out some of this frozen goodness. And Joy of all joys. My little man didn't like it. He'd drink maybe 2 oz and then refuse the bottle. Nightmare. When I finally clued in that is was the milk I smelt it and yes I tasted it. It smelt and tasted like garbage! Did some researching and found I have high amounts of Lipase in my milk. (google it) Basically it makes milk "sour" faster. Still perfectly safe for babies. Some babies never notice a difference. and others... well... they don't like it no matter how ya mix it. And Max just happens to be the later. All that work wasted! So he's a formula baby now. Joys. And I'm in the process of getting rid of it/donating it. So if ya know of anyone.... ***

Sleeps 8-10 hours at night. A little more stubborn for naps. 

Loves bath time!! And showers!




cutie patootie!!!

We love our little Maxie boy and just can't imagine life without him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment