He had to get some blood taken for a genetic test they want to do to see if his cleft is genetic or not. Should be interesting to get those results.
The nurse weighed him at his appointment before seeing all the doctors and he was a whopping 9lbs 15oz. The nurse was blown away! Haha I was just mad he wasn't actually 10lbs. Haha stinker. I'm sure he is by now.
Most of the appointment was to see if I had any concerns or questions. Which I really didn't. Talked a bit about feeding him solids when the time comes. It'll be fun. His food shouldn't come out his nose by then. A little but not a ton. That'll be interesting.
When he goes in for the surgery is when he gets close to talking (9-15 mos) and depends on his size and if he has any health concerns or issues. They said on average it's around 12 months. That makes me feel good. Knowing he'll be older. His weight gain is good! Everything is right on track! :) I've got smart kids!!
Best thing is we don't have to go back for a follow up until August!!! :) YAY!
We do go back sometime in May to get his ear tubes put in. Other than that we don't have to go to Calgary unless we have a concern!
As much as I hate pumping because it's so exhausting I'm so grateful that what I produce is giving Max everything he needs to grow so strong and healthy!!! One month of pumping down several to go!!! But days like today make it all worthwhile!




No comments:
Post a Comment