Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Blood Pressure

Lots of people have been asking so here's an update on me! YAY!

My BP was fine all pregancy this time until the day I had Max. Then it was high 150/90's again. So they induced.
After Max was born it did start to go down. But they kept us an extra day due to not getting anti biotics and being positive for Group B strep. And thats when my BP started to climb. :) yay me.

So they started me on labetalol again and it did the trick. They kept us an extra night just in case but all held well so they sent us home on Saturday. Sunday I was feeling a little off so I kept an eye on my BP and it was high. Even being on the meds. I just kept an eye on it. Dan went to go pick up my parents from the airport around 11 and thats when I knew we would be heading back into the hospital once he got back. I couldn't sleep so I waited up with them and got to visit for a while. Got a blessing from Dan and my dad and then we went to the Vulcan "ER" and stayed there from 3AM till Noon. Then because my body just wasn't cooperating they sent us to Lethbridge. Where I got to stay in the Hospital Monday-Wednesday. Not to bad. They switched up my Meds. I'm on Adalat now.

The switch up with Meds has done the trick. I'm sitting in the normal range now! Still with medicated help though.

I had a DR appointment a week ago and she listed some symptoms and said if I get them to call in and they will start taking me off medications because those symptoms are  low BP. She's hopeful I'll be off in 6 weeks. and So am I! With how well it's been doing I really think I will! It also helps my child sleeps 6 hours now!!! :)

So that's me and the BP in a nutshell!

1 comment:

  1. So strange how your blood pressure sky rockets with labor and then after....I am so happy all is well just remember to take it easy!!!

    ReplyDelete