Saturday, 29 December 2012

It's a BOY!

Daniel and I found out on the 20th that we were having a little boy! It was quite exciting. I breathed a sigh of relief. I always wanted a little boy first. Have the big older brother protecting and all. That and I wasn't ready to have a daughter just yet. haha I grew up with sisters. It's time for Boys to enter this family! So I am quite excited! (Lots of people were shocked when we told them boy. they were pretty set that we were having a girl. Nope it's a boy. and there was no doubting it!)

So remember that other post I mentioned. This is it. This is how we told Gerald and Cindy that it was a boy.
 We filled a bag with 8 Blue and 8 Pink balloons. Inside were papers that said.. If I were a boy I'd leave the toilet seat up. & If I were a girl I'd have long hair. Stuff like that that really didn't give them any clue as to what we were having.
Bag full of Balloons

Very excited.. Don't let that fake smile fool you.

A note we had in there.
The note we had in there Said something like "oh oops. we left the score even. See ya at dinner. We'll bring the answer then."
The tie breaker balloon was a pink balloon with a blue balloon blown up inside. So from a first look it looked pink. When ya actually held the balloon you could see the blue one side. Inside the blue one there was the final piece of paper that said. "I'm A BOY!"
It was quite exciting. Seeing the pink balloon about through everyone for a loop. haha So it was fun to trick them just a little.

Now the time has come to start getting things ready for this little munchkin. We have some cute receiving blankets from Cindy and a few onesies we have gotten. Now it's time to get the crib and start cleaning up that room. Can't wait!!!

1 comment: