Thursday, 4 February 2016

The Longest Week of My Life!

It all started Monday. Everything always does. 

I woke up to pee around 5AM and when I crawled back into bed I bumped into Dan's elbow and just by touching his elbow I could tell he had a fever. I ran around for a bit getting him Tylenol, water, ice etc. Then went back to sleep myself. When the boys got up we just went right downstairs so Dan could sleep. They didn't even know he was home till after lunch. 

Tuesday morning started at about 6AM with Sean and a fever. Yikes! Dan was still pretty achey. Basically the TV played all day. Max hung out with me upstairs hoping to avoid this mess. We could hope right?

Wednesday I woke up around 4AM to Max and a Fever. Anyone surprised? I wasn't. Though I was hoping and praying it would skip Max. I mean the kid did just have surgery a week ago. On top of all this I think he is starting to teeth. 

Wednesday Dan felt better just the exhaustion the being sick does to you.  Wednesday was Sean's worst Day. Little terror. Wednesday evening we had to get out of the house so we drugged up the kids with Tylenol and went for a drive. It was bliss. No whinning. The kids just chilled and watched everything go by. It was wonderful for me. 

Thursday. Today. Dan went back to work. Sean woke up hangry. And well it's Max's day 2 so he's pretty cranky. Just praying we make it through the day and Max calms down and we can avoid taking him to Calgary. 

I got this.

I'm sorry if we spread this to anyone. 

I'm so grateful for Tylenol.

I'm grateful I didn't get this bug. 

I'm grateful that somehow regardless of the long nights I am making it through the day. Even if the house is falling apart. 

I'm grateful for the health we normally enjoy and that this is just temporary. :) 

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear Indie :( No fun at all. The house will always be there to take care of, your little guys won't....they'll grow up and move away. If you need anything I can try and help!!! I'm available tomorrow if you just need a break....send me a text!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a nap after reading that. Hope max's recovery is quick and that you don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Get everybody better! Don't get sick yourself! It really is a miracle that mom's can do all the things they do! You got this :)

    ReplyDelete