Tuesday, 28 May 2013

The First Two Weeks

Alrighty! Now that I feel like I'm back in the land of the living let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time on May 15, 2013 I gave birth to the cutest baby boy ever! On May 16 we were both cleared to go home and start life. On May 18 my parents came to visit and meet this grandson and help us put in new floors. My Mom met me at the hospital where I had a Jaundice check up for Sean. (He passed no worries). My mom and I sat there visiting for a while, while Greg and Dan started putting together my new floor. Eventually we went back to watch them work.
On May 20 Daniel's parents popped up for a visit. On the 21 they left and so did Greg, but my Mom stayed.

May 22 I had a seizure and ended up back in the hospital. (Ambulance ride! it's a shame I don't remember though. . ) Seizure was caused by my high blood pressure (200+/120+) {highest this Lloyd hospital has seen} that had been slowly creeping up on me since I got sent home from the Hospital with Sean. It's what they call Eclampsia. Yes, typically you get this WHILE pregnant and only a 1 in 4 chance after being pregnant. Has something to do with how the placenta attaches to the womb (yes Sean's placenta came fully out when I gave birth) and where your fundus is placed and all the hormones messing around in ya. My fundus was high and the hormones are all outta wack hence the hospital visit. It will clear up though over time as the hormones level out and leave and my body returns to normal. Until then I am on labetalol which helps to keep my blood pressure in the normal.

Anyway so I wake up attached to monitors and stuff and completely out of it and back in the hospital. Dan and my Mom had to explain to me a few times what happened. It's still kinda hard to wrap my head around. It's like a whole day of my life just disappeared. I vaguely remember a few things about Wednesday. Mostly I just remember Thursday.

So I got the joy of being stuck in the hospital for 6 days. I also got the joy of having a catheter, staying in the ICU, losing a ton of weight and being a human pin cushion. Really though waking up Thursday I was amazed to see my ankles. (they had kinda completely disappeared while pregnant). I have my ankles, face, hands, feet, hips, legs all back. The water weight is definitely gone! YAY! (i'm still not brave enough to jump on a scale just yet. . . )

Let me tell you the ICU is a pretty sketchy place. People moaning and calling for water and beeping noises everywhere. They almost needed to move me to the psych ward. Eventually I was able to get my own room and sleep in peace! Well except for the time they would come in a check my BP. No worries all is well now. We had one little scare since I got sent home but all is fine. And I just get to take it easy now. . which does kinda drive you insane.

That's the jyst of the story, as I said I really don't know what happened this is all what I've been told. So I am home now with my happy healthy baby. I couldn't be happier that he is completely healthy, sleeps like a champ, eat likes a monster. I'm glad it was me and not him that this happened too because now I have the perfect excuse to sit on my couch and hold my little man. So feel free to stop by and visit. Just knock and come on in because I am a little to lazy to answer the door. :)

What's a blog post now without cute little pictures of my man?

He's a thumb sucker!!! SO CUTE!

love his little rolls! Thanks Jen for these pictures! LOVE THEM!

hanging out in the ICU with mom. He's so awake!

3 comments:

  1. We are so glad you are okay now! I love that first photo of him. He looks like a grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy you're safe and sound at home! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all thrilled that you are okay :) What do you mean though that you had a scare since you came home? The most recent 'home' or the initial release from the hospital? I hope nothing has happened since you came home. We love you too much Indie to let you go so easily ;)

    ReplyDelete