Tuesday, 12 March 2013

The Stove

Here is that post about the stove.
You might recall I posted once about a year ago about our luck with technology.
(Techonology) Well anyway... So we have moved since then and bought a house.
The stove was pretty archaic. But we figured we would make it last until we got a sweet deal on a new one. Shortly after Christmas Dan's Dad had called us and told us that he found one. The only thing that was wrong with it was some scratches near the dials. So we jumped on that.
His Dad brought it to his house... and had to fix some things on it after the good old southern alberta wind and a faulty bungee cord got to it. But his Dad is amazing and it still looks brand new. (what a talented family I have)
We knew we wouldn't be able to pick it up until our Montana get a way but that was fine with us. Until a week and a half before we left.

It was Sunday. I had just made a wonderful dinner for us and Daniel's cousin Erin and her family. About the time I was getting the vegetables and gravy going I noticed that the stove wasn't heating. I thought weird but whatever and just cooked the veggies in the microwave and kiboshed the whole gravy.
After his cousins left I told Daniel our stove was dead. Being the man he is he had to check it over and fiddle with everything. He unplugged it and plugged it back it. Checked the fuse box. Everything was good, except for the stove not working. Oh well we could make a week and a half without one. And we did. Mind you that's when I felt like baking but I managed.
After Montana we picked up the stove and brought our new toy home.
Got home and got it plugged in.. but couldn't get any heat out of it.
fiddled with it some more. Still nothing. So we called my parents who have the same stove to see if there was something special when you first hook it up. (no there isn't). So Greg, my wonderful dad, had us check the fuse box. And flip the fuse. Guess what. That did the trick. :)
Apparently I blew a 1/2 fuse with the stove.

T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D!

But all is good now! It works wonderful.

So in total.... we have killed two stoves. We're pretty talented I'd say. (Our other Stove adventure!)
The kitchen just keeps looking better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment