Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Montana Weekend!

Oh what a weekend! I almost don't want to write about it. That would just be admitting that that wonderful weekend is actually over. But it was super fun... so...

We left Wednesday and headed down to Magrath/Raymond.

Thursday we got some stuff done and headed out for Montana by 2:00. made it to the cabin by 4:30 ish. Took us some time to figure how to turn up that heat. But we got it done and then just ate dinner and relaxed. Watched a movie or two. It was lovely.

I got up Friday morning around 6:30 (LAME!) but I wasn't feeling the greatest so I got up and fell asleep on a couch till about 8:30. Then Daniel woke up. If any of you know my husband you know that he doesn't get up that early on his own... ever. But he curled up on the couch and fell asleep again while I got to read. Around 10:30 we went to Hukilau cafe (as Daniel calls it.. it's really Echo Lake Cafe. You can see how he'd mix it up... :P ) and had us some brunch. Went back to the cabin and I got to nap. (remember.. not feeling the greatest. and i'm pregnant. why am I explaining myself?) Daniel played pool and watched GI Joe. (it's a tradition of his.) We did manage to make it into Kalispell and spend money. haha found a carpet for baby's room and flooring for upstairs. Not part of the plan but it happened anyway. It was pretty darn cheap so we loaded up our car.. it looked like it was going to blast off to the moon.
We also met up with Brad and Lindsey at Famous Dave's and ate an entire chicken! They came down to spend the weekend with us. So after eating and running around some more we went back to the cabin. Laughed and talked and watched a movie. Well... Lindsey and I slept. Then Brad and Dan had some manly bonding time playing pool and tickling their wives while they tried to sleep. what pests.

Saturday we all slept in... kinda. I was up at 7:30. Lindsey shortly after and Brad shortly after. Around nine we decided it was breakfast time so I had to wake up Daniel. The four of us can make a pretty mean breakfast. Then it was time to do some more shopping especially since I had a shopping buddy! haha though I didn't get that much. haha I'm more interested in baby stuff vs my own stuff. We went out to Columbia Falls to go to the Nite Owl. It was pretty delicious. totally done eating meat for a while though. haha
got home and played Wizard. We all kinda sucked. Though I am improving. haha I wasn't the one losing.. I believe that would be Daniel. :) Then we played ping pong. Any body need entertainment? They just need to watch Lindsey and I play. haha It was kinda sad. lots and lots of laughter though which is all that matters! We were thinking I might go into early labor with all the laughter. But no. Baby is still kicking away inside me. :)

Sunday... we forgot about the time change and so we all missed church. oops! We're all heathens now I guess. We had to clean up the cabin and start packing stuff. It was bittersweet. I always hate leaving. It is so nice and relaxing. But we had to get back to life.
So we drove our rocketship of a car home. Even the border patrol felt bad for our poor car. No worries all the flooring got unloaded at my parents. (we had to bring home a stove {another story}) They'll bring it up when they come to see baby! So we spent Sunday between parentals. Daniel got to help his dad reoragnize their bedroom. Monday we spent between families. And managed to actually leave at 2:00. (that's a first) We drove pretty slow home. Didn't really want to come back to the yucky cold and snow.
(OH Montana.... +8 and no snow. WONDERFUL!)

It's good to be home though. Only two more weeks of work then it's Mat leave for me. It's kinda all coming up really fast now. Which is fine by me!

Now reality includes getting ready for Baby! :)
Sunset

Just showing how low the water is in the winter. and we were checking out the castle.

Breakfast at hakilau!

studying the menu

building a butter tower

Lindsey and Brad. They do love each other despite the distance between them at the moment. :P

Waiting for Nite Owl to open

yup. we love each other too.

butter towers... at nite owl

This is relaxing. haha

How you can pay at the Nite Owl. Next time we're bringing a chicken

Early morning relaxing.

brad playing with his new tools

The boys being daredevils on the ice

yup. he's all mine. And this is just proof how cute my kid is going to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment