The day started normal enough with angry grumpy boys that needed food first thing in the morning. Then I took them to the park for 3 hours! Haha candy and her little girls joined us towards the end! The park is always better when another friend is there.
After that we came home and it was nap time and quiet time. All three of them were out so I enjoyed some time reading until Greg came and brought me lunch!! After lunch Greg woke up Max... Accidentally but still woke him up. Greg ran away and I got the boys ready to go.
I took them to the park across from our house and Dana and baby Dawson met us there! Super fun! Evan slept in the stroller so I even got to play with the boys! They sure loved that!
Got home and my mom showed up a bit later to come take me and we were going to hang and shop and whatever. Simple and easy and a night out.
Dan got home and we left. I wasn't really paying attention to where my mom was going. She said she had some errand to do. Then she parked in front of this random building. It wasn't a restaurant that was for sure. I saw some people standing by a door and recognized them as friends from my ward and the o my thought I had was that this was a random spot for them to be hanging out. Then I saw them talking with my mother in law and realized that this evening was getting even more random.
It wasn't till we got out of the car that I realized we were parked in front of the great escape. I started getting pumped. And more people started showing up!
Dana, Skyler, Donna, Chelsea, (Katie and Laura were the first ones there with Cindy) Cassandra, Phoenix, my mom and I. We hung out in front for a while waiting on someone to come open the door. Once it was about 6:10 and no one had shown up my mom called Daniel and he had to make some calls and we figured out there were two great escapes in Lethbridge. Skyler called the other one and we figured out that's where we were suppose to be. After a quick drive down the road we were at the right place.
We got two rooms with two different stories about why we were locked in a room and how we had to try and get out. Man do they keep it vague.
Cindy, Sky and Donna went into the heist room solving a cryptograph. So I have no idea what they had to do but the rest of us went into the Museum room. The lights were off and we had to find puzzles and clues to unlock boxes and doors and find our way out. We had flash lights to light the room and other rooms had some lighting in to help out. Man was it intense and so random. We had to ask for a few hints and clues. I'm still not sure how we solved everything and got out of there.
Both groups made it out! Us with four minutes to spare and the other group with about a minute! Crazy fun! I'll have to take Daniel and try another room out!
We went to Moxies after where Lindsey and Candy were waiting for us. Enjoyed an awesome dinner there! We had the moxies experience! Lol starter soup, entree and dessert!
Seriously the best birthday ever! So much fun and just what I needed! A good night out with friends and family with no kids!
I often tell Daniel when I'm in a rut or funk or whatever that I have no friends and no one to hang out with. This birthday definitely helped me see I have tons of friends that are always willing to hang and play! And some couldn't even make it! This birthday was the best!
Hello 25!!! :)








YOU DESERVE THIS!!!! What an awesome present! 25? Man you're so old haha.
ReplyDelete