Saturday, 9 August 2014

Magrath Days!

It's so fun to come home every year for Magrath Days! Everyone is around and it's always a beautiful day!
I was looking forward to it more this year because Sean is older so the parade would be more fun for him and I could finally take him to the petting zoo!!

Our Family Fun started Friday night with everyone over at the Parentals for pizza night! Everyone brought their favorite pizza to share. Great Idea and I think a new tradition from now on. We even made Sean a special shirt for this occasion.
February 2015
*post to follow*


So our day started early as there was a 5K walk/run thing. I watched Tyc and Stefan's kids so they could run in it. Lets face it I was not fit enough to run.
Greg, Mom, Dani, Amie, Tycy, and Stefan all ran in it. The rest of us decided we would go down to watch them finish. When we got there the race had started about 20 mins ago. After much arguing we decided we had time to go to the pancake breakfast before they would finish. WRONG!
we totally missed Greg, Amie, Dani and Stefan finish.
But caught Mom and Tycy.

Parade was at 11 and was amazing as always. Lots of floats and candy for kids! Sean got freezies which were his favorite thing. That and all the horses in the parade. This kid and his animals.

We got home from the parade by noon and I put Sean down for a snooze while we had the family/friend bbq in the back yard. Yet another AWESOME tradition. Good job Greg for cooking all the burgers again this year! Your AMAZING!

Then at 2 we went up to the baseball fields for the LAWN MOWER RACES! I'm so glad they brought these back! haha Oh the red neck-ness of my home town. LOVE IT! They were awesome. We even had a Lawn mower start on fire. haha No one was injured no worries



Then it was the petting zoo time!!!! Sean was in Animal heaven! haha when Daniel showed him the cow Sean got these big happy eyes and said, "MMMMMMOO" haha He knows what a cow is thats for sure. It was his favorite. probably because the cow was laying down. Probably didn't help his pink eye with all these Animals. 




**Pink Eye Side note He woke up Wednesday with a gunky eye and through out the day it turned pink on us so we got some drops and started putting those suckers in. With all the family fun in the days to follow we didn't want him down and out. Friday we get up and get ready to leave and he trips and smashed his eye into my night stand. Hence his horrible looking eye in future pictures.**

After the zoo we stood in line for 1 whole hour (no joke) for Shaved ice. That's how much I wanted it. Only to be disappointed and not able to get Pina Colada. the jerks.

Then there was the Magrath's Got Talent/Family Feud. Of course our family was in it. And kicked butt might I add. Way to go family! Becky sang in the talent show! She was amazing. 
Our Family! Woot

Buggin Emery

Getting Daddy Tickles

Becky singing!

It was a super long and fun day. Sean slept like a champ that night! It was fun. I love family gatherings!


1 comment: