Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Success all around!

So Daniel and I tend to kinda procrastinate and just put off house re-nos for no reason really except they require time and energy.

Success #1
Anyway, he made the mistake on Tuesday of calling me while I was at work on my lunch break and telling me that he was coming home early. So I asked him if he was going to get the back-splash done in the kitchen. He grumbled and growled about not having a tile cutter so I directed him to our friends who had one. (thanks Kari and Barrett) I came home from work and tools were everywhere.
About an hour after he started and six broken tiles he was DONE! See.... procrastinated and it really didn't take all that long to get done! So now i have a beautiful kitchen! Just gotta get the grouting done now... (another few months maybe? :P )

Soon there will be a new stove in place of this one. Then my kitchen will really be complete!
Success #2
Awhile ago I posted on Facebook about Pinterest and all the recipes and things that I have pinned but have never done anything with. Well I printed off those recipes and added them to my recipe book and wrote up a list of the groceries I would need to complete said recipes. We went grocery shopping and got the things I needed.
Today I was sitting here thinking... "I have a new back-splash... I should make something." So I made Black Bean Enchiladas.
They smelled delicious and tasted wonderful.
And as Daniel says,"This tastes healthy"
but he liked it and says I can make them again. :)


YUM!
Success #3
Oh.. and a few nights ago there was a girls night and we made a ton of homemade ice cream. LOVE! and we tried out a homemade frosty recipe that I found on Pinterest.
It worked. I may never have to go to Wendy's again!

No comments:

Post a Comment