I finished my four day week at practicum and got to spend Friday sleeping in (HA!) shopping (spending all Dan's money :) ) and then cleaning out the "hockey room" PEWHEW!! It filled with a lot of crap. but it's been de junked and we now actually have that third bedroom back! :)
Which leaves us to our last BIG Spring project.... the lawn.. (dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn)
Now this picture barely gives the yard the justice it deserves. I mean it was N-A-S-T-Y! So windblown over it looked like a nice comb over. Once raked... well you can see. Lets just say in some spots I'm sure I could have laid down and entered a whole new world. It came up to my knee! (Shay you woulda been GONE!) Anyway we went out and got ourselves a nice new Lawn Mower and rake. ( Keep in mind.. we have no idea when this lawn was last mowed.) We proceeded to attack the lawn.
I mean we was really fighting for our lawn here. the poor thing.
Can ya see the difference. The left side is mowed. the right isn't... I tell ya we thought we were fighting a losing battle. Dan's allergies kicked in and Grass was blowing everywhere thanks to the wind (I tell ya the new Southern Alberta).
Nevertheless we persisted.
Hacking away
(See there I am. Bet you were wondering where I was in all this. tehe. Well someone had to take the pictures. :P I helped too. But no one took pictures of me. Cause I work hard all the time. It's just such a rare event for Daniel I had to capture a lot of images. :P )
Well anyway. We finally conquered the yard two hours later. Dust in our eyes and ears and nose and other areas that just probably shouldn't be mentioned on a blog.
The Front Yard
THE BACK YARD
ha ha ha, you are too funny! That is an INSANE amount of dead grass! Like it wasn't mowed for a whole summer. Post some after pictures! Now you can hang out back there.... BBQ at Fyfe's :)
ReplyDeletehaha totally could have a BBQ... oh wait... we don't own a BBQ... shucks. Theres the next item on the wish list.
ReplyDelete