Thursday, 29 December 2011

Our First Christmas

Our Very first Christmas together! Last year at this time I didn't even know that Daniel was even interested in me. Oh what fond memories. tehe. Well my Mom suggested that I start a blog and see if i can keep up with my Wonderful sister Tycy Berry in the funness of being newly weds. I never really thought about starting a blog because they just seem like a lot of work but I guess I can start one and see how it goes.
***WARNING*** this may not be that exciting of a blog. Just saying. But now that you have had your warning.. here it goes.

Our First Christmas
Once Upon a time we lived a very happy life in the great big City of Lloydminster Alberta Canada. (it is exciting trust me). Christmas time was approaching and we started to plan our adventure together. From when we would leave to all the things we would do and people to see to when we would come home. We were quite excited and knew that this would be the best six day trip EVER! We were going to leave on the 22nd (Dan would get off work early) We would stay at his grandparents and the 23rd we would hang out with his family and maybe mine (:P) 24th would be fun with our favourite married people Lindsey and Brad Prince, followed by some quality time with my family. Christmas Day with my family and Boxing Day with his. All days filled with LOADS of fun and games and laughter. The 27th would be Boxing day shopping and a date night with Brad and Lindsey and maybe some other friends as well. Then the 28th we would leave around noon to come back to our wonderful Lloydminster. Oh reality... does it ever give you a smack in the face some days... or weeks....

The 21st at about 11 pm my body decided to wreak havoc in my bathroom and render me incapable of doing anything relatively normal. This wonderful adventure called the stomach flu kept me up every ten minutes all through the night doing porcelain push ups (what a workout! seriously did gain muscle... sore muscle). At 2 in the morning I woke up my husband and sent him out to "get something, anything to make me feel better and sleep" He returned a half hour later still to find me routed to my spot in the bathroom. Ginger Ale, thermometer, coke, Tylenol he had it all!! (Good old stores that are open 24 hours around Christmas time). 3:00 AM rolled around and Dan decided to take off to work so that he could get off early so we could leave early still if I felt better in 12 hours or so. I managed to sleep and then wake up to a text from Daniel telling me that he was vomiting at work. (no porcelain push ups for him) So "Pukey" as his co-workers began calling him, came home and slept. (He still managed to get 10 hours of work.. even when he was sick! WOW). Our lovely neighbours came and took care of us. Needless to say we didn't head home to Southern AB that day.
23- We Left Lloydminster with our health finally back and got down south around 2:30. Saw my family then went to Raymond and got the key to his grandparents and dropped our stuff off there with only minor excitement. We went to a Christmas party which was loads of fun! Then decided to stop by good old Walmart to pick a few things up for the next day. We were just leaving the Walmart parking lot to head to Raymond when all the lights on the dashboard came on at once and the car just died. Right there. in the middle of the road!!!! Dead. wouldn't turn over, nothing. DEAD! So... we called Daniels brother and sat there waiting. Cause really what else can you do with a dead car? Stephen showed up and jumped the car, where we barely managed to get it into the Walmart parking lot. (they had to push) Then we left the car charging for a while before driving to Stephens house with it. We stayed the night at Stephen and Janessa's. :)
24- Christmas Eve. Spent the WHOLE ENTIRE DAY FIXING THE CAR! what kind of excitement can you find there?  BORING! Good thing this happen down south and we had lots of friends and family helping out! whef! after a long long long long long day of talking with people about cars and companies trying to get money out of us we got the alternator replaced. We left the battery charging overnight and went to my Aunt and Uncle's Christmas party! By 11 we were EXHAUSTED! so we went to Raymond to sleep.
*** on a positive note we FINALLY got to sleep in THEE MOST comfortable bed in THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD! King size bed... so so so very heavenly! :) *****
25- Went to my parents and had breakfast and opened presents. (I probably spent most my time in the bathroom again thanks to some sort of bug. (NOT FUN!!!) We got out microwave! woot! Can't wait to use that puppy! Around 8 o clock we went back into Lethbridge to pick up our car and give Stephen his back. Our car started and ran and LIFE WAS GOOD! so we went to Raymond! On our way there we were talking and I noticed a light pop on on the dashboard. and then another and then ALL OF THEM! AGAIN! the CAR DIED AGAIN! I mean really.... someone somewhere was having a good laugh at us... that's for sure. So we called his Mom and Bryan came and picked us up and we left good old Thelma (the car) on the side of the road.
26- we didn't even think of the car.. ignored that problem all day long. yet again the flu bug still pestered me like crazy and the bathroom and I became very good friends.
27- we got the Car towed to Kanyo's where they were able to diagnose the problem and fix the wire mounting or something like that. Apparently the wires looked pretty bad. A very clean cut, almost as if someone had cut them or we hit something hard. I started to laugh. I mean really with the epiphany i had it was really all i could do. Suddenly I remembered our "minor excitement" on the 23 where we bottomed out on the stupid nasty speed bumps in Raymond.. You know what big nasty ones I'm talking about.. Well apparently that cut our wires... All this trouble and we caused it ourselves. What a ride. Well.. luckily for us the trip was not yet over! We could still have some fun! HAH! Daniel spent the Day with the same flu bug i had... I mean really if we never have to see a toilet again it would be fine for the both of us! We did managed to spend time with Lindsey and Brad and play games! Daniel laid on the couch... :)
28- we did some errands we couldn't do earlier in the week and left by 4:30 ish.

Some other minor facts about this Christmas:
- our nephew Kaden had appendicitis on boxing day. ( he got to be sick all Christmas too!)
- My Aunt broke her arm.. not so fun
and finally:
I got Daniel snow pants for 12 cents!! that's right 12 cents! :) BEST DEAL OF MY LIFE! BEAT THAT!

Well, This was a Christmas we won't soon forget! After this adventure we can handle just about anything! BRING ON 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***Please remember I am new to this and will figure out the whole adding pictures and other crap.. I mean greatness at another point! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment