Tuesday, 4 April 2017

A Whole Year!

Well, we did it. We made it to another first birthday!

This one seemed like a long time coming. Now looking back though it wasn't as long as it felt. Bittersweet day today as we say goodbye to his first year of life. Many more to look forward too.
As I tucked him into bed last night I was more emotional than I have been with any other of my babies. I am not sure why. I am grateful (not always) that he still likes to cuddle. He is a really good snuggler.


This year has been the hardest first year yet. Juggling three really little kids. One who was a baby and one who thought he still should be a baby and one who was trying to be so independent and helpful.
I'm glad to say we all made it through. Hopefully with few traumatic memories.

Though the first three months were the absolute worst with all the crying and screaming Evan did I am glad he is over that now and is really a super happy (clingy) baby. He is defintely a momma's boy. He's gotta be in my arms if he is at all near me. He doesn't like it if I hold Max. Sean he's alright with but man oh man. If I hold Max he LOSES it. Good ole brotherly rivarly. Probably from all the times Max has sat on him or drug him around the house or whatever else Max has done to him. Though they are much better friends now. I love it.
The three of them are starting to play so well now. Makes my momma heart just melt.

Evan is walking. More so than crawling. If he falls down he gets right back up and at it. Zombie walk and all.


Still only two bottom teeth. I don't know where those other ones are hiding but I really hope they all pop through together on the next teething round. This little boy and teething SUCK! He gets mild fevers, needs snuggles 24/7, doesn't sleep well, and just cries. and then pops one tooth. So the next time he goes through all that if he could just pop 6 teeth that would be great.

Food monster. He's my little vacuum. crawls under the table and looks in his chair for any leftovers. Lets face it.. he finds them. haha.

Now that the Spring weather is here we've been able to get outside more. He loves it. The stroller not so much. Probably because it means he has to sit by Max and not be in my arms. That two strikes againest me. haha. But once we get going he Loves it. Especially now that he can wander the parks we go to. When his big brothers go out to the back yard he makes a break for it as well. haha Oh He's going to love this Summer.


I am so grateful that this spunky little boy came into our lives so quickly. Yes it has been rough and I've lost more marbles than I can count but I can't imagine life without him. He brightens my day with his toothy, gummy smile. It makes me so happy to hear him laugh and his brothers making him Life.

I love being a Mom. I would choose to do it all again exaclty how I've done it. I wouldn't want to change a thing.

Happy Birthday my Evan!








No comments:

Post a Comment