Monday, 14 April 2014

1st Sunday in Vulcan!

I know everyone is wondering how our first week in our new ward went.

It was good. Friendly faces all around. Super small though. I think we maybe, MAYBE have 80 people. And it's mostly older, retired kinda age. At least Sean will have a lot of "grandparents". haha The bishop loved him and took off with him for a while. Sean was cool with it too. Normally he doesn't like strangers.
Everyone would come up and say, "oh you must be the Fyfe's." Or " Are you the Fyfe Family?"
Gotta love a Small town. Oh and Everyone knows where we live and my phone number already. ahaha

And Dan has to speak in two weeks. :) how fun

I don't need to worry about a Nursery calling like I thought because their is one 3 year old and then Sean and a 9 month baby. So not enough kids yet for them to do Nursery. haha

They also run everything backwards. Dan and I were a little confused when we came in (they are meeting in another building right now while the church is being renovated) and sat down and there were 0 kids or teens. I started thinking... oh boy we're in a really old ward. Then they started doing Priesthood and Relief Society announcements. And then there was Sunday School. And then the Sacrament Meeting.
Makes church seem twice as long. Especially when you have a baby who is completely done with Church by the third hour so Sacrament is F-U-N!

I'm looking forward to getting to know more people and making some new friends and hopefully Sean having some buddies! There is a RS activity on Tuesday so I'll get to know more people there! YAY!


 
Found some American money and just loved it!
Talking/playing with his toys 
Sunday smiles with mom
My boy and his swings!!! Oh and he loved the rocks too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment